C-6240 emulsion cationic polyacrylamide can be replaced by Chinafloc EM 4008
C-6240 is a unique, non hazardous, ultra high molecular weight flocculant of differing charges that work effectively as sludge conditioning and wastewater treatment agents and aid water clarification processes across a wide variety of industries.
These products are especially effective in those applications where extremely high molecular weight products are needed such as screw presses, centrifuges, and belt filter presses. The chemistry range available ensures there is a product suitable for each individual application.
Superfloc C-6240 flocculant is recommended for the following liquid-solid separation processes:
· Dissolved air flotation – result in clear underflows and greater throughput
· Gravity settling – improve floc formation for faster settling rates, increased sludge compaction and improved water quality
· Coagulant aid – settling aid with inorganic and organic coagulants
· Water clarification – improve influent, process and effluent water quality by reducing suspended solids and turbidity
· Belt filter, screw press and centrifuge dewatering – increase production rate, cake solids and solids capture
· Thickening – improve compaction, settling, drainage and effluent quality.
· Non Hazardous – safer handling
· Economical to use – significantly lower dosage levels
· Achieve high solids removal efficiencies
· Easily soluble in water; dissolves rapidly
· Liquid form for easier handling
· Exceptionally high Molecular Weight and broad cationic range.
Health and Safety
Before handling these materials read the corresponding Kemira Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for safety and health data.
For chemical inventory regulatory control listing information, see the SDS.
Handling and Storage
Rubber gloves, goggles and protective clothing are recommended for use while handling these products. Recommended materials of construction include fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP), high-density and/or cross-linked polyethylene, glass or epoxy-lined vessels.
Stainless steels, Teflon, various plastics and rubbers are acceptable for pumps, seals and feed lines for both neat products and product solutions. Avoid natural rubber and Buna-N gaskets as these tend to swell when placed in contact with neat polymer. Do not use iron, copper or aluminum.
The shelf life of these products is 9 months when stored at temperatures between 5-30°C. For best results avoid freezing. If the product freezes, thaw completely and mix prior to use. It is recommended that bulk tanks are mixed by periodically recirculating the contents of the tank. If possible drums and totes should be mixed well before first use and periodically thereafter.
Chinafloc—A leading polymer manufacturer of China China